Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Last Two Weeks

Rob: I can't get the pictures into this giant calculator you call a computer. I pushed and I pushed but they just kept folding and crinkling. So, I'll try this again this weekend.

We got to our new jobs at The Bay of Many Coves, the only 5 star resort in the Marlborough Sounds, on Thursday and got the full tour. What a beautiful place, along a hillside and right on the water. Our room is at the very top of the resort with a great view. The people we work with are really nice and have definitely made it easier being so far from civilization.

Jenna has been doing some housekeeping and spent a night helping out in the kitchen. I have been doing maintenance, power washing the tops of balconies, lots of gardening and taking peoples bags around which is pretty boring. I also spent a few nights washing dishes. I do get to drive a golf cart around and there is a small boat that I shuttle people back and forth from their boats so it's not all bad.


The chef at resort is Richard Parnell who worked with Gordon Ramsey in New York for two years. We've had a few samples of his food and it is delicious!


Gordon, the skipper of Lady Karen which is one of the guided boats, took us our for the afternoon on Sunday. The weather was great, we did some fishing and site seeing then had a skeet shooting competition off the back of the boat. I won with 5 in row including one round of double skeets. Our prize was a nice bottle of New Zealand Soveign Blanc.

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you both a Happy Thanksgiving, will miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Eddie and Stone hello for me. I'm so jealous. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete