Monday, June 22, 2009

Getting Closer

Rob: Going into our last week in Boston we've been making the rounds and have gained a few pounds to prove it. We've slacked a bit on our workout routine but are storing some good calories for the trip.

Tuesday we went to dinner at my neighbor Dave's house. We watched the Sox while he grilled chicken, steak, eggplant and squash. He made a fantastic homemade chocolate bread pudding for dessert and we had a some wine.
Thursday we had mexican night with Lyndsey and Justin in Somerville. Lyndsey made her world famous guacamole, patent pending, some chicken enchiladas, beans and a few Tecate beers. Then she brought out the big guns, baked bananas and almonds with ice cream. Very delicious.


Friday Jenna and I met Amy and we headed to The American Craft Beer Fest. There were some really good ones and few bad ones. The Duck-Rabbit - Milk Stout was fantastic, . We took turns selecting brewers and critiquing beers. After the ACBF we stopped in the bar Drink where you give them some flavors you like and the bartender invents a drink for you. These guys are good, the flavors I gave them were smoke, whiskey and pineapple and they pulled it off.

We've got about a half of our things packed and ready to go. I'll be picking up the moving truck on Friday, Jenna's last day of work. I bet Jenna I could have all my stuff packed and on the truck in 8 hours. I've logged one hour so far, no way she's winning this bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment